The Tamil Nadu government has brought the Amma Two Wheeler Scheme for the development of women in its state. Today in this article, we will share with you all the details about the Amma two-wheeler scheme which was launched in the year of 2018 and is providing two-wheelers to all women in the state of Tamil Nadu. In this article, we will share with you the eligibility criteria, required documents, application process and all other details related to the scheme.
Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
Amma Two-Wheeler is a scheme that will empower working women in the state of Tamil Nadu. In addition, it will enable them to purchase women-friendly two-wheelers to go to their enterprises, places of employment, engagements etc. The main motive through the implementation of the scheme is that the woman will pass due to easement. Access vehicles like scooty or bicycle as per your wish. Also, a specially retro-three-wheeler scooter will be made available for physically challenged women.
Benefits of the Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
As mentioned by the concerned authorities through the implementation of the Amma two-wheeler scheme, one lakh working women will be benefited through this scheme every year. Also, the main benefit will be two-wheeler or a maximum subsidy of 50% of the cost of Rs.25,000 /, whichever is less, provided to the beneficiaries. Through the implementation of this scheme, freedom will be provided to all women living in the state of Tamil Nadu. All women will no longer be afraid of taking the means of public transport late at night, but will come home with their own transport.
If you take any vehicle under Amma two-wheeler scheme, the specification should match the following details: –
- Maximum engine capacity should be 125cc
- The vehicle must be eligible to be registered under the Motor Vehicles Act of 1988.
- Vehicles must be manufactured after 01.01.2018 and comply with 2 latest emission norms.
- The details of all vehicles provided under the scheme will be collected / collected by the Project Director (PD) of the concerned district, Tamil Nadu State Rural Livelihoods Mission (TNSRLM).
- This detail will also be shared with the Department of Transport, which will not allow changes in registration of ownership for sale or other reasons without prior permission of PD, TNSRLM for a period of 3 years.
Features of Amma Two Wheeler
- This scheme has been launched to empower the working woman.
- Under this scheme, the applicant will provide subsidy to those who are eligible
- Applicants can purchase any 2-wheeler of their choice up to an engine capacity of 125cc.
- The beneficiaries will be selected by the selection committees. Commissioner in case of Chennai city and District Collector for other districts
- Applicant can avail loan from bank / non-banking finance companies. In such a case, after verification by the selection committee, the application will be sent to the bank or financial institution of the applicant’s choice.
- If the applicant wants to buy from the fund itself, the subsidy amount will be directly transferred to the beneficiary’s bank account after presenting the proof of purchase of the vehicle
The following documents are required to apply for the scheme: –
- Proof of age (18 to 40) / date of birth
- Proof of residence such as-
- EPIC Card
- driving license
- Aadhar Card
- Utility bills etc., in the name of the applicant
- Driving License / Learner License Registration (LLR) issued by the competent authority
- Income certificate issued by employer / self certification
- Proof of employment issued by employer / organization / project head / society in case of salary / salaried employment.
- Aadhar Card.
- Proof of educational qualification / attendance for the eighth grade examination (transfer certificate, SSLC, etc.)
- Passport size photo
- Proof of establishing priority category membership wherever applicable
- Community certificate (in case of SC / ST category)
- Separate Ability Identity Card issued by competent authority
- Quotation / Pro-Forma Challan of the vehicle.
Application process under Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
If the applicants want to enroll under the scheme, the following application process should be followed: –
- The application form will be provided free of cost to the applicant in all the block offices, urban local bodies offices and collectorate.
- Apart from this, you can download the application form from the link given above.
- No application fee should be charged from the applicant for the form.
- Application forms will be filled and submitted to the respective Block Offices / Urban Local Bodies (ULB).
- Filled application forms can be submitted in person or by registered / speed post.
Official Website – Click Here
Latest Govt Scheme – Click Here